Capture your furry little child in a one-off, original piece of personalised watercolour line artwork painted by Emma Witte. Custom watercolour pet portraits are also the perfect thoughtful gift for loved ones who love their pets like family!
- A4 size (21 x 29.7 cm / 8.3 x 11.7 inches)
- Painted on high quality archival watercolour paper, unsealed/uncoated
- Unframed, shipped flat
- ONE (1) pet per portrait only
- Outline is based off a photo reference provided by you
- Painted in your choice of either a coloured outline on a white background, or white outline with a coloured watercolour wash as the background
- Optional: have your pet's name incorporated in the linework
- Order and pay for your pet portrait using this page
- Once you've received your confirmation, send firstname.lastname@example.org an email (quoting your order number) with:
- 2-3 of your favourite photos of your pet (see guidelines below)
- Your pet's name if you want it incorporated in the linework
- Your pet's breed/any other additional unique information that you want included in your linework
- the colour you would like the linework or the background to be (depending which style you select)
- Once I receive your photos and any additional information back, I'll start your commission sketch
- I will contact you again with the sketch outline and composition of your artwork. You are able to request changes at this stage, but upon approval of the sketch, no further changes can be made
- Following your feedback, the painting will commence. A delay in providing any information to me will delay the start of your artwork
- Upon completion of the painting, I will send you a photo of the finished piece before shipping it off to you and providing you with tracking information
- 2-3 photos to be provided by email, mention if one is your favourite!
- Try to include different angles as this assists with capturing the unique features of your pet or its breed in a minimalist style
- Sketch to be completed and sent for your approval within 1 week of receiving your order, photos and any additional information
- Painting to be completed and photo of the finished artwork to be sent to you within 2 weeks of receiving approval of the sketch
- Shipping times are in addition to the above
- If you have any questions, require your painting by a certain date, or would like to purchase a gift certificate for a pet portrait, please email email@example.com
- Free tracked shipping is included
- Any relevant import or customs fees, taxes or duties are the sole responsibility of the customer to research, confirm and pay with their local authority
- Painting is shipped securely flat, a frame is not included
- Shipping times are in addition to the time it takes to finalise and paint the portrait
- Expected shipping times are 1-5 days within Australia, and 4-8 weeks internationally
- Please see the Shipping page for further information
Can you paint smaller/larger than A4?
At this time, only A4 size is on offer.
Can you paint multiple pets?
At this time, only ONE (1) pet per A4 size portrait is on offer, not two pets in the one painting.
How should I frame it?
You can choose to have your artwork professionally framed, but you can also do it yourself! For the best way to preserve your original watercolour artwork, look for an appropriately sized frame with UV protectant glass, and an acid-free mat moulding that will provide space between the painting and the glass. Condensation can sometimes occur on the inside of the glass in certain conditions, and if it is able to touch the painting it could reactivate/spoil the artwork. Whether you choose regular glass, UV glass, perspex or other - please frame with a mat to prevent anything directly touching the painting itself. Although painted with lightfast paints on archival quality paper, it is recommended you hang your painting out of direct sunlight.
How long will it take?
At this time, the maximum time to complete your custom pet linework portrait is 3 weeks, providing that all information is received by you in a timely manner. However, this is the maximum time, and I'll endeavour to complete your painting earlier than that. I'll advise an ETA once you've placed your order. Please note, shipping time is in addition to this (for example: if you live overseas (outside of Australia), your order could take 3 weeks to be painted and another 2 months to arrive).
I have another question/request?
Sure! Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - happy to discuss!